Does Colonial Gardens have specific policies for medical emergencies?
We have clear policies that drive action in medical emergencies. All memory care facility staff is trained upon hire and through simulations throughout the year on how to respond in emergency situations. These policies are not one-size-fits-all and vary depending on the nature of the medical emergency, but key components that are consistent across the board include:
• Taking measures to ensure the immediate safety of the resident
• Alerting 911 promptly to prevent delays in life-saving care
• Following the care plan and any advanced directives in place
• Ensuring dignity and confidentiality to the extent possible
• Notifying family members as soon as possible
Our policies prioritize your loved one’s safety and access to advanced medical care in the West Columbia area.