Ways To Enjoy The Summer From Austin's Best Senior Apartments
Make the most of the Texas heat with these activities
Summer is here at The Clairmont, and we want you to enjoy your summer to the fullest. We know that our active senior residents love filling their days with entertainment, social events, and all of the culture that our Austin, TX location has to offer. But with so many options, it can be hard to choose! That is why our expert team has compiled a list of activities our residents can enjoy in our community at The Clairmont or in Austin, TX. Keep reading for some inspiration!
6 Activities To Soak Up The Sun At The Clairmont
Our beautiful outdoor common areas are the perfect spot to step outside and enjoy the weather in Austin. We also have plenty of organized outdoor community activities for our residents to enjoy daily. Here are our top six activities to do around our community:
1. Instead of reading a book inside, step outside and read your book in our courtyard.
2. Connecting with nature is a great way to get creative. Try drawing, journaling, or painting outdoors.
3. If you’re looking to stay active, try getting your steps outside around the community. You can listen to your favorite music while you’re exercising. Make sure you stay hydrated and protect yourself from too much sun.
4. Have a phone call outside with a loved one in our courtyard for a change of scenery.
5. Do you have a portable hobby? For instance, cross-stitching and knitting can be taken outside to complete at one of our sitting areas.
6. Get social while enjoying the sun with one of your favorite board games. We have plenty of games to choose from in the activity center that you can bring outside.
6 Ways To Enjoy The Sunshine in Austin
While we try to have all your necessities and entertainment here at The Clairmont, one of the benefits of living in our community is our location! The city of Austin offers plenty of additional fun activities. Below are some of our favorite summer activities in Austin. If you need transportation, no worries! We offer free transportation for our residents.
1. Visit Zilker Park for free live music this summer, also known as Blues on the Green.
2. If you want more live music, try visiting the Nutty Brown Amphitheater for outdoor concerts. Click here for the schedule.
3. Visit the local farmer’s market on the weekends at Mueller market for fresh fruits and vegetables to add to your summer meals.
4. The Lady Bird Johnson Wildflower Center has beautiful native blooms to admire, and on Tuesday nights, they host live music and food trucks. You can grab tickets here.
5. Last but not least, enjoy a serene and calming day at the Umlauf Sculpture Garden which features yoga and meditation. Check out their event calendar.
6. For a refreshing summer treat, grab a scoop (or two!) of ice cream from Jeni’s Splendid Ice Creams or Dolce Neve. There are flavors like Butterscotch Popcorn, Lemon Bar, Salty Caramel, and Brambleberry Crisp.
While summer is beautiful, the Texas heat can be intense. So we just want to remind you that while enjoying any outdoor activities, we recommend staying hydrated in the higher temperatures and protecting yourself with a hat, sunscreen, and sunglasses. We want you to live healthy, happy, and active at The Clairmont – our active senior community in Austin! And if you ever need more activity ideas, feel free to ask our staff and they’ll be happy to assist.
For more information about our 55 plus communities in Austin, TX, or to tour The Clairmont, contact our friendly team today!
Winter is a great time to get creative in the kitchen with the seasonal flavors. Comforting dishes are the name of the game, but that doesn't mean you can't incorporate some healthy ingredients! Delicious root veggies and warming stews can keep you toasty--and healthy--all season. We can’t wait to hear about all of your new yummy recipes!
With flu season creeping in, winter can make us a little wary. But with a little planning and some simple hygiene practices, avoiding the flu can be a little more manageable. There’s no need to miss out on family get-togethers or cozy evenings. Integrating some of these simple steps into your daily routine will not only benefit you, but also those in our most vulnerable populations!
That’s why we have compiled these tips and tricks for effectively preventing the flu this winter: ow.ly/c5Vs50MF2fg